This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is “Top Ten All Time Favorite Books in X Genre” and I get to pick the genre. I decided to go outside my comfort level and pick my top paranormal/fantasy/sci-fi books. As you may know, I am not a big paranormal fan. I have found many para books do not have the world building or consistency I am looking for so they frequently fall short for me. However, I have read many GREAT paranormal books which keeps me exploring the genre. Here are some of my favorites.
1. The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – This isn’t my first time mentioning this book and it won’t be my last I am sure. Karou is one of my all time favorite characters. She is an awesome, kick ass chick!
2. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – Leigh did something special here… she sparked an interest in the villain and made me want to understand and feel compassion for him.
3. Pivot Point by Kasie West – This book was a surprise for me and I did not expect to like it as much as I did. I loved the way Kasie showed two possible outcomes to an event and I loved how each one had crazy consequences.
4. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley – This is one of my favorite books of all times. It has kings and queens and fantasy lands as well as some awesome magic, but it also has amazing emotion and character depth.
5. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout – I still haven’t finished this series, but this alien made a big impression on me. I never though a paranormal creature could be so sexy!
6. Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick – One word: PATCH! My favorite angel.
7. Twilight by Stephanie Meyers – To hell with all the haters, I could not put this series down and for that it deserves a spot on the list.
8. The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne – I only read the first book in this series, but I was impressed by it and really enjoyed the main character. I would love to pick up another in the series, but too many books, too little time and all that stuff.
9. Vampire Academy by Rachelle Mead – I read this entire series and while I enjoyed the first half of the series better than the second (it started to get too weird for me), it was a very entertaining set of books.
10. Catalyst by Jennifer Snyder – This book fileld a void in my heart when the CW show Secret Circle was cancelled and for that I am thankful.
What are some of your favorite paranormal/fantasy/sci-fi books? Share in the comments below!