This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic (hosted by The Broke and Bookish) is Top Ten Things on My Reading Wishlist (if you could make authors write about these things you would. Could be a specific type of character, an issue tackled, a time period, a certain plot, etc.) What a great, thought-provoking topic. This is a list I have never before taken the time to consider and honestly, I find myself struggling with it. I came up with only five.
- Books without happy endings - Many of my fellow romance readers might be appalled by this, but I like the idea of reading about the relationships that DON'T work out since that is what so many people in real life experience.
- Books written by my bookish friends - I would love to see what sort of books my book blogger besties could come up with. We are all bloggers so we must have some ability to write and with so much experience in the genre, I think they would be perfect at coming up with their own stories.
- More books like The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan that are different - If you have never seen The Lover's Dictionary, each page is set up as a dictionary definition of a word telling a piece of the story. It is so incredibly unique and I would love to see more books that follow a different format than straight paragraphs forming chapters.
- New Adult written by a Male Author - Women authors do their best trying to capture the male point of view, but how interesting would it be to read a book in this genre actually written by a guy?
- More STANDALONES! - Fewer series books because I cannot keep up and it stresses me out.
I will no doubt spend the rest of the week thinking about this list and maybe I will come up with a few more. In the meantime I would love to know, what do you guys wish for? Do any of you share my wishes?